For some strange reason I revisited my bucket list this morning………two years to the date of conception.
This is what made my list back then and is still on my list today.
1. To make a snow man- well I told you about that already.
2. Live in God’s will and in peace- harder than I imagined, but I am working on it. Every day I am tempted and tried………..but “Resist the Devil and he will flee from you”
3. Visit Keukenhof and Amsterdam……ever since the ‘Boy and the Dyke’ and those childhood books with windmills and tulips I have been in love. Makes me wonder if that’s why the Universe transpired to send me to Alberta too….for I was also in love with the meadows and those red barns. But I may just have to settle for the tulip festival in Ottawa.
4. The Berlin Wall and more of Germany along with the concentration camps …….some may say I have German Ancestry. I may or may not, but the Germans really did land in my neck of the woods.
5. Golden Gate, Lombard Street, Alcatraz, the Street Cars ( Maya Angelou was the first black female conductress)………only hope this is not another Vancouver experience.
6. Boston and New Orleans…..history and soul food. Not a bad combination.
7. Ride the Bullet Train……hope they run above ground.
8. Ski in Switzerland………I don’t know why this is still on my list, for I have changed my mind about learning to ski……..cant ski if you are scared of the ski lift in the first instance.
9. The Great Pyramids………
10. Happy Family Life……..and a Happy Home even if I remain free, single and childless. I am way more than my circumstances.